Who we are and What This Policy Covers
Michigan Bear Cub Collection is a family owned and operated small business out of Michigan. We can be reached via social media and/or using our general contact email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy is very important to us. We follow a few basic principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is shared on our website.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- Basic account information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a MichiganBearCubCollection.com account to provide an email address and password, along with a username or name — and that’s it. You may provide us with more information — like your address and other information you want to share — but we don’t require that information to create a MichiganBearCubCollection.com account.
- Profile information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your profile. For example, if you have a MichiganBearCubCollection.com account, your username is part of that profile, along with any other information you put into your profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username).
- Payment and contact information: If you buy something from us we’ll collect information to process those payments and contact you. You’ll provide additional personal and payment information like your name, credit card information, and contact information. We also keep a record of the purchases you’ve made. If you use our Ecommerce Services (which includes services from WooCommerce Shipping & Tax, and WooCommerce Payments), you’ll have to create a MichiganBearCubCollection.com account or connect an existing account. You may also provide us with financial details to set up a payments integration, like the credit or debt card information or your bank account information.
How and Why We Use Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, backup and restore our site (if needed), provide customer service, process payments and orders, and verify user information.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features or products that we think our users will enjoy and that will help them interact with our site more efficiently or make it easier to use.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our products, or keep you up to date on all things Michigan Bear Cub Collection. If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time. (If you opt out, we’ll still send you important updates relating to your account.)
How We Share Information
We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy. If you have an account on this site you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. These are spelled out below:
Third-party vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us and to provide their services to you or through our site. This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you which includes Stripe – powers WooCommerce Payments – our payment provider that processes your financial information. Those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g., by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns, and by placing ads to market our services); those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers); those that make tools to help us run our operations (like programs that help us with task management, scheduling, word processing, email and other communications, and collaboration among our teams); other third-party tools that help us manage operation. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
WooCommerce Services includes WooCommerce, WooCommerce Payments, WooCommerce Shipping and Tax, MailPoet
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information. You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
Close your account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, you can close your account if you no longer want to use our Services.